The objectives of the Estate Management programme are to:
- train students to acquire skills in the constituent disciplines of Property Valuation, Property Development, Property and Facility Management and Maintenance. In order to support this specialization, students go through courses in Building Construction, Town Planning, Land Law, Economics, Land Economics, Land Surveying and Land Policy;
- equip students with cutting-edge and up-to-date analytical techniques in tackling complex economic, political and administrative questions on land use, development, and management as well as other issues facing the contemporary Nigerian built environment;
- introduce students to new dimensions of self reliance through two University wide courses, namely, Entrepreneurial Development Studies (EDS) and Total Man Concept (TMC). These would make the graduates job creators rather than job seekers and leaders fit spiritually, mentally balanced, emotionally stable and physically sound;
- produce graduates who are well suited for employment in the modern world through explicit emphasis on the interactions of the private and public sectors; and
- infuse students with the seven Core Values of Covenant University: Spirituality, Integrity, Possibility Mentality, Responsibility, Diligence, Sacrifice and Capacity Building so as to equip the students with leadership qualities.